JV “SMCC” LLP (hereinafter, the “Partnership”) has approved and applies the Rules for the Request Consideration Procedure and the Ombudsman Regulation, which aim at creating a basis for the increased Partnership’s transparence by granting the possibility to Partnership’s employees and the third parties to report about any events related to any practice that breaks the Law of Kazakhstan or any Partnership’s internal regulations.
Ombudsman’s main functions include:
1) ensuring compliance with the Code of Corporate Governance by Partnership’s bodies, officers and employees. Explaining the related provisions, if required;
2) assisting the Partnership’s bodies and officers in considering the messages about any unlawful actions in the Partnership;
3) assisting the Partnership’s bodies and officers in preventing or resolving the corporate conflicts and conflicts of interest.
At year-end, the Ombudsman draws up an annual report on corporate ethics issues, unlawful actions identified in the Partnership, and corporate conflicts and conflicts of interest, which is properly provided to the General Director of the Partnership.
Any parties involved may report to the Ombudsman about any unlawful and unethical actions of Partnership’s officers and employees, anonymously as well, and their rights shall not be prejudiced in case of such report.
The Rules provide the following information channels for any reports:
1) postal address – sending information by mail to: building 166, floor 3, quarter 191, Karatau district, 160023, Shymkent, addressed directly to the Ombudsman marked “to Ombudsman”;
2) Email – sending information as email messages to: «infoughk.kazatomprom.kz»;
3) telephone – a call to the Partnership’s telephone line +7 (7252) 99-73-93 (ex.45859).